How to prepare for a virtual tour photo shoot
We want your virtual tour to be the best representation of your property or space. Attention to detail is key when preparing for a virtual tour. What you may not notice may very well be something that tour visitors notice. We have a set of guidelines for preparing for a virtual tour. Choose your space type from the tabs below. There is also a printable PDF on how to prepare for a virtual tour linked in each section.
Getting setup and ready for your interactive 360 virtual tour is very important when marketing properties online. You want to create the best impression possible. Remember, with your tour being online, potential buyers will be showing it to many of their friends and family for opinions and validation. We also have our guidelines listed to make sure your virtual tour meets MLS and Realtor standards.
How to Prepare for a Virtual Tour – Preparation Guidelines
- Spruce up your garden and lawn; trim shrubbery if necessary. Trim dead limbs around home.
- Yard and patio should be neat; outdoor furniture should be in good shape. Sweep/blow off decks. Cleanup outdoor fire rings.
- Mow the lawn; make sure the driveway & entryway are free of clutter (toys, bikes, boats, trailers, etc.)
- Tidy up around dock and water shores.
- Winter – keep the sidewalks cleared of snow.
- No cars in driveway or in front of the house
- Remove clutter and tidy up the shelves.
- Move excess furniture out of rooms. You want the space clean, open, and clutter-free (dog crates, tray tables, etc.).
- Replace burnt out light bulbs (the photographer will need light in most rooms).
- Put away pet toys, beds, bowls, etc.
- Clear bedside tables (no books/jewelry/cosmetics/etc).
- Hide remote controls for TVs
- Clean off kitchen counters; remove any clutter.
- Make sure dirty/clean dishes are out of the sink & put away.
- Remove magnets and items from outside of refrigerator.
- Empty the garbage can.
- Put essential items used daily in a small box that can be stored away.
- Remove all bath products from tub/showers (soap/shampoo/loofah/razors/etc).
- Close toilet lid and empty the garbage.
- Clean mirrors & glass surfaces.
- Hang towels neatly from towel bar.
- Remove robes, clothes,
- Check the basics around the house (indoors & out). It takes just a minute to make sure the house is clutter-free and all is in order.
- Turn on as many lights as you can when the photographer arrives.
- Try not to be in the room the photographer is photographing as you may end up in the photo.
- If desired, remove or replace any family photos or other photos you wish not viewed
The photographer cannot:
- Move furniture
- Clean or dust
- Move garbage
- Pick up/move clutter (toys, dirty dishes, dog toys, etc.)
- The home must be ready for the photographer when he or she arrives.
- Upon arrival our photographers can wait no longer than 15 minutes for additional home preparations.
- If a wait longer than this must happen we will have to move on to our next scheduled appointment and the virtual tour will be rescheduled. If this happens a rescheduling fee of $50.00 will apply.